Photo from http://www.stonewallkitchen.com
Welcome to the new blogging event dedicated to The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. There are tons of food blogging events out there ranging from Weekend Herb Blogging to my personal favorite, Tuesdays with Dorie, but I’ve yet to come across (or have even heard of) any events dedicated to cooking and baking from Ina Garten’s oh so famous cookbooks…until now.
Requirements for Participation and Info Please read carefully before signing up!!
- You must have a blog.
- This is a bi-weekly event so I ask that you participate 2x per month. This will give you ample time to post your dish within the 2 week period. You have the option of cooking/baking and posting 2 recipes on the last day of the month if your month gets busy and you find yourself at the end of the month with no recipes made yet.
- You DO NOT have to purchase any of Ina’s cookbooks but it certainly would be helpful in order to pick your recipe when it comes time. Chosen recipes can come from either the cookbooks or http://www.foodnetwork.com but an actual recipe must exist in order for it to be chosen.
- A new recipe will be chosen by a new and different Barefoot Blogger for each recipe session. We will repeat the list as necessary.
- The order of who chooses is based on the order in which I receive email requests from bloggers asking to participate.
- Two new recipes will be posted here on the last day of every month and will be labeled to indicate what week you should cook/bake and post your results in your blog.
- Post your recipe results in your blog on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. To clarify, for June, choices will need to be emailed to me (with either a link to the full recipe or the recipe typed out in MS Word or a Google doc) by midnight Eastern Time on May 30th and I will post them on May 31st. The first June recipe will be blogged on June 12th and the second recipe on June 26th.
- Please see #2 above for the option of posting both recipes by the last day of the month if you fall behind, as we all tend to do sometimes, but I ask that you truly make the effort to keep up with the group.🙂
- If you know you will not be able to participate for a week (vacation, moving, deathly ill and in bed, etc), please let me know. I do ask that you make up the recipe and post it by the last day of the month.
- Many of Ina’s recipes are full of meat and sugar (not necessarily together😉 so if a chosen recipe does not meet your dietary restrictions (vegetarian, diabetic, allergies, etc) you have 2 options: 1.) email me to let me know this and you will receive a “PASS” for that week or 2.) you could modify the recipe to fit your restrictions. Please carefully consider the types of recipes we will be making before signing up.
- I will be keeping close tabs on who is blogging month to month and if there are any months that go by without the required 2 Barefoot Blogger blogs each month, you will be sent a reminder email. If I see 2 consecutive months without the 2 Barefoot Blogger blogs and you haven’t contacted me, I will automatically remove you from the list. I’m playin’ hardball.😉
- A recipe or two will most likely come along that you just cannot make for whatever reason. For me, I won’t be making every lamb recipe (and there are a few) because lamb makes me gag but I will occasionally make it for my dear husband who begs me to make lamb for him. In the case where you just cannot bring yourself to make a recipe (aside from dietary restrictions), please let me know and I will issue you a “SPECIAL PASS”. Creative huh? Four of these “SPECIAL PASSES” will be issued to each blogger per year so choose your requests carefully. It’s important to remember that at some point during this blogging event, we all will be cooking and baking outside of our comfort zones so please try to “go out on a limb” and try something new and/or different.
- I understand that circumstances change so if after you sign up you don’t feel like you can keep up with the group, please email me and I will remove you from the list. I’ve tried to make the requirements fairly flexible as I know we all have crazy schedules, but please remember this is a commitment.
If I haven’t scared you away 🙂 and you would like to participate, email me at email@example.com and please include:
- Real name
- Blog Address
- Email Address
Looking forward to having you join the group!
Filed under: Uncategorized