Have you ever thought about making old BB recipe again but just haven’t gotten around to it? You know the recipe I mean. Not the one that blew your mind, but the one that could use a few tweaks here and there. Or the one where you may have misread the directions but was bound and determined to try again just to perfect it, especially after reading everyone else’s glowing comments. Or maybe it was the one you missed completely and you ended up kicking yourself for missing it.
Well, this is your chance to redeem yourself. To make Ina proud! To shine once again! We’re bringing a new feature to you that we’ll implement every few months. The Barefoot Backtracking feature will give you the opportunity to make an old recipe and swap it for a required recipe. The old recipe can be one that you’ve made and want to revamp or one that you’ve missed. And the recipe is your choice! Swap an old recipe (any recipe – required or bonus) out for either one of May’s required recipes no matter what the reason. You may have already made the Outrageous Brownies and but never got a chance to make the Brownie Pudding. Or what if fresh tuna for the Tuna Salad isn’t something that is easily accessible in the Bread Basket of the US but you have been dying to try the Smoked Salmon Spread and smoked salmon is always something you can find. The reason doesn’t matter! All that matters is that you post a recipe on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays this month.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a past BB recipe (a full list can be found on the Past BB Recipes page).
- Make your chosen recipe.
- Post about your chosen recipe on the Thursday for which you are swapping out one of May’s recipes.
Keep in mind:
- This feature is available for ONE swap this month and can only be used on a required recipe, not on BRC or Barefoot on a Budget (since they are optional anyway).
- Your Backtracked recipe will count towards one of your two required recipes this month.
- Please note somewhere in your post that this is a Backtracked recipe.
- We will let you know in the future when the Backtracking feature will be available again.
- If you want to make both required May recipes and do a Backtracked recipe…fabulous! Just do a separate post for your Backtracked recipe.